At Beaconhurst, we are proud of our history. There has been a school on the current Bridge of Allan site since 1919, when The Beacon School for Girls was established. In the same year, a boys’ school called Hurst Grange opened in Stirling. In 1976 the two schools merged to form Beaconhurst Grange. The school crest, preserved today, combined the ‘hurst’ or wooded hill of Hurst Grange with the lighted torch of The Beacon.
Beaconhurst Grange ran as a boarding preparatory school until the early 1990s when the decision was taken to develop an all-through day school, providing high-quality education for pupils aged three to eighteen. The school site was developed to accommodate a Nursery, Junior School and Senior School, and was soon renamed simply ‘Beaconhurst’.
This new school had a vision for education where classroom teaching and learning is enhanced by a variety of Sports, Outdoor Education, and Expressive Arts—the roots of the extensive programme Beaconhurst offers today.